A Detailed Post  

Posted by mindyluwho in ,

It’s interesting how the Lord works in our lives. Yesterday I was feeling good; I was happy and life was looking up. I think my last post reflected some of my confidence in myself. Today…not so good. I had a bad morning, and after a couple of things happened to sour my mood I went to my room, got on my knees and proceeded to tell Heavenly Father all the things I was done doing, and he’d have to figure out a different plan for my life, because I was done with this one.

Then while I was in the shower I thought of writing a post detailing all the sordid details and making other people feel sorry for me and spreading my misery.

Then I had to take my son to school and on the way we had a decent conversation and my spirit lifted a little.

Then I came home and checked on my blog and there were two comments that made me happy.

Then I read this post and this post and this post and a few more and I contemplated some things, learned something new, and laughed my head off.

It makes me think of how the Lord knows what you need.

I’m in the Primary presidency in my ward and one of my duties is to conduct every couple of months and give a small message about the theme of the month. Usually I say a little prayer and then some experience or scripture comes to mind that I can speak about and all goes well. A couple of weeks ago I was getting ready for church and realized I hadn’t given thought to a message. I panicked just a wee bit, then said a prayer and waited for something to materialize in my brain. Nothing. I prayed again. Nothing. My panick heightened. Then a thought popped in, “check to see if it’s the bishopric’s week for the message.” I did. It was.

The next week I was getting ready for church and realized I hadn’t given thought to a message. I prayed. The message came.

The Lord doesn’t waste our time.

A few years ago I was taking my kids to see a play and needed to get money from an ATM. My bank had two locations, so I decided to go to the closer one, as it was more on the way. A thought kept popping into my mind that I should choose the other one, but I ignored it and went to the one on the way. It was closed for maintenance, so I had to go to another bank across the street and pay $1.50 to get my money.

The Lord doesn’t waste our money.

Once I was taking a walk and feeling very down. In my mind I started speaking to God and you know what? He answered. We had a little conversation right there. I knew he was speaking to me because I cry when I feel his presence and I had tears streaming down my cheeks. He told me to look at the leaves that I was passing by and to notice all the detail. He told me that he created those leaves down to the tiniest detail. Likewise he was in my life down to the tiniest detail.

I’m feeling better now.

This entry was posted on Sep 27, 2007 at Thursday, September 27, 2007 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 said...

Great post! It is a great reminder that Heavenly Father is always there for us and He wants to help us. I enjoyed reading your examples. :-)

September 27, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for the timely post, Mindy

September 27, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Another inspiring post. I'm glad mine (or Gabie's) contributed in a small way to your improved mood. It's great how we can all feed off each other's happy moments.

September 27, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Mindy, In response to your question on my blog, you can leave comments on older posts if you like (I get all of them emailed to me) or you can send me an email (the address is on my profile). Thanks for visiting and thanks for taking the time to leave kind words behind.

September 28, 2007 at 6:54 AM

I'm feeling better now too. Thank you for reminding me of this.

September 28, 2007 at 7:56 AM

God is "in my life down to the tiniest detail" is such a good image to start my weekend with. I always enjoy your posts because they are positive and thoughtful.

Thankyou!

September 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM

I have an award for you...come check it out. :-)

September 29, 2007 at 4:21 AM

Post a Comment