The sands of the sea...  

Posted by mindyluwho in ,

"Laundry"

My last post was a pathetic attempt at some Isaiah type imagery. What does a picture of two cute boys buried in the sand have to do with laundry? At face value it might seem to be that because they are buried in the sand their clothes will need to be washed, or you might consider how little boys tend to generate lots of laundry, and then you are getting closer. But there's a little more to this seemingly random word and picture. That is how Isaiah is, at face value his disconnected and ambigious words confuse and you have to probe a little deeper to understand the message.

I decided to write a little verse about my picture and I hope you enjoy it!



And the people did throw forth their fine twined linens, and their purple mantles and cloths of scarlet and gold and many other cloths did they throw forth which were soiled and full of filth, and they did stretch forth as it were like the sands of the sea and they piled up in heaps as great mountains and the people were buried. And one did rise above the rest and did cause the waters to whirl to and fro and the air to blow forth as a furnace, hot and scourging, and the fine twined linens and the purple mantles and cloths of scarlet and gold were cleansed and purified, yet still did they pile up as great mountains until the one began to disperse them among the people, each to his own kind. And the waters abated and the air did cease to blow for a time and the one came to rest which rest was glorious.


Or in other words, I was up to my neck in laundry!


Have a great weekend!

This entry was posted on Sep 15, 2007 at Saturday, September 15, 2007 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 said...

beautiful! Thanks!

September 15, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Good visual. I appreciate your attempts to help understand Isaiah. It takes more effort than I am probably willing to give it. But there are moments...

What is interesting is that there are numerous other concepts out there that require a similar approach, almost a different paradigm.

Keep trying. You might start almost making me want to try. :)

September 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Thanks for coming by Calamity J, I am enjoying the association!

Interesting comment Sam, I agree. A few days ago I received a yes answer from the Lord that just a few months ago had been a no answer. The reason it changed is because of the way I approached it. I needed to step back a bit and see it from a different angle. I had to have a paradigm shift before I could go forward. And I am able to see the wisdom in having that shift. It would have been disastorous if I had went ahead with it before.

September 15, 2007 at 10:36 PM

So how many times did you proofread this one before posting it?! I love it! You should frame it and put it in your laundry room as inspiration. Or better yet, maybe I should do that!

September 21, 2007 at 9:36 AM

It just kind of came to me... that's what happens when you become immersed in Isaiah. Thus sayeth Mindy...

September 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Post a Comment