Great Are the Words of Isaiah  

Posted by mindyluwho in

So we have heard anyway, but who can ever stay focused enough to get through his words, let alone understand them?! In August of 2007 I undertook the task of reading through Isaiah. My goal was not a complete and thorough study, but to simply to read his words, ponder the imagery, and write down my thoughts.


At the time I started the task (for it was a task, indeed) I was going through some intense personal struggles. I wasn't sure of where my place in life was. I felt sad...a lot. I cried every day, several times a day. It sounds like I was depressed, but I wasn't. I was just at a point in my life where I needed direction and wasn't sure where to find it. I hadn't been reading my scriptures with any regularity and I knew that I needed to study them in order to move past these struggles. I distinctly remember being on my knees and asking the Lord what to do. His answer was, "Read Isaiah." So I did. It took me 8 months. I finished my study in March of 2008.


It has been a rewarding experience. I am amazed at what the Lord has shown me through the words of Isaiah. I learned who I was, but more importantly, I learned that the Lord knew who I was. I received personal revelation that gave me the direction that I so desperately needed. It would not be out of line to say that Isaiah saved me.


After a few months of reading and writing I felt compelled to share what I had learned. I went back through my writings and found some of the more precious gems and endeavored to turn them into something worth reading. I'm not really a writer. You will find many grammatical errors here, but as I have tried to pen my raw scribbles into something cohesive, I have found that the words have just come to my mind and I know that someone higher than me has been at work here.


Since my study has taken another course and my life has gotten a little hectic, I have slowed down in the Isaiah posts, but I have many more gems to share so I will continue writing and will add links as I post. (When I did post it wasn't in any particular order, so I am putting the links here by chapter so they are easier to find.) If you, dear reader, ever decide to study the words of Isaiah, I can promise you, you won't regret it. And I hope if you do read Isaiah, that you will share your thoughts and insights with me.


This entry was posted on Feb 5, 2008 at Tuesday, February 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 said...

Post a Comment