There's No Place Like Home  

Posted by mindyluwho

Yesterday, after being gone nearly 6 weeks, we arrived home! And while I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my family and other kin, I am happy to be home. And let me just interject here that I have the most fabulous Mother-in-law in the whole world? Yes, I came home to a spotless house. The table was set with a pretty white tablecloth and a vase of beautiful flowers on it and she had some tasty croissant sandwiches and fruit awaiting our starving selves with Bostom Cream Pie to finish off the meal...She had even had the carpets cleaned and closet doors and lightswitches that had been broken fixed! Oh, I just don't deserve her!

Today I had every intention of getting busy unpacking and cleaning out the car, but what did I do instead? I sat around in my jammies reading the Fablehaven series that my cute 11 year old daughter (E) has been pestering me to read. I couldn't put it down, and you know what? I only felt a little tinge of guilt that I should be unpacking, but quickly squashed that notion and finished book 3. Now I am anxiously awaiting the 4th book to be released. Who will get to it first, me or E?

I've missed all my bloggy friends. I've been reading your posts, but give me a week to get settled and I'll start start commenting again!



P.S. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts on behalf of my brother. While he is out of immediate danger and has some complications from the infection that may be life altering, we are all just thankful that he is still with us.

This entry was posted on Aug 11, 2008 at Monday, August 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 said...

Hip hip hooray! Mindylouwho is home!

I am glad your brother is doing better!

Those glass slippers up there are too cute!

Welcome back!

August 11, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Glad you made it home safely. Glad your brother is on the mend. And I no it has been a very stressful time, but it will get better for you and your family.

Take Care.

August 11, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Your mother-in-law is so kind and thoughtful! What a treat to come home to a clean house and a beautiful table setting with such delicious food! Reading sounds much more enjoyable than unpacking. :-)

August 12, 2008 at 3:46 AM

Welcome home!

Can I borrow your mother-in-law please?!

August 12, 2008 at 12:15 PM

I'm glad that you're home again and that your brother continues to recover. What a fantastic MIL! :)

August 12, 2008 at 12:20 PM

What a wonderful MIL--she thought of everything.

So glad that you are back home. It's always tough to get right back into the groove-reading sounds like the perfect remedy.

I've very happy that our brother is recovering.

August 13, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Crazy about your Dad in Toppenish. We just barely took a little road trip that way. I am sorry I said that place was a little scary, but they did such a great job that they looked so real to me. Wonderful of you to tell me that. That made my day Mindi.

August 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM

You really DO have a very wonderful mother-in-law! I want to try to be like her! And you COMPLETELY deserve every good thing that you receive! :)

I'm glad your brother continues to make progress.

I have an award for you on my blog!

August 14, 2008 at 6:17 AM

you deserved that royal treatment that your mil gave you (not to take away from how wonderful it was.) i'm glad you are home and hopefully back to blogging more often again soon. i've missed you!

August 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I'm glad to hear your brother is doing better. Hopefully it will be uphill from here!

August 17, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Post a Comment