It's gonna be a good year  

Posted by mindyluwho in

Well, I did it, I wrote down some goals for 2008. Last year and the year before that I rebelled and did not make any...because I got tired of making goals and then when I didn't accomplish them I felt like a failure.

I'm going about it differently this year. This time I'm making a list of things I would like to do this year and then each month I will look at my list and pick a couple of things to do and make plans on how to accomplish them. I know that I probably won't accomplish everything on my list, especially if by some miracle we get to start building our home, but if, at the end of the year, I can say I did a few then I will be happy.

With that, here's my list (in no particular order):

  • Exercise 4 days per week
  • Finish Isaiah and write essays on insights
  • Make blankets to give away to charity
  • Obtain 72 hour kits
  • Obtain basic food storage
  • Read all the math literature I've been collecting over the last 2 years
  • Read the Book of Mormon, underlining all references to the Savior
  • Ride my bike 1000 miles
  • Sew 4 quilts
  • Sew 4 seasonal wallhangings
  • Sew advent calendars
  • Take a writing class
  • Read Verse by Verse, The Four Gospels

There, I did it. It's up for all the world to see...Go Mindy!

This entry was posted on Jan 12, 2008 at Saturday, January 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 said...

Wow! That's quite an inspiring list! You have a good way to do it. I don't make resolutions on New Year's because I always have them broken by the next week. I hope you all are feeling better by now!

January 17, 2008 at 6:26 PM

Post a Comment