Well, I did it, I wrote down some goals for 2008. Last year and the year before that I rebelled and did not make any...because I got tired of making goals and then when I didn't accomplish them I felt like a failure.
I'm going about it differently this year. This time I'm making a list of things I would like to do this year and then each month I will look at my list and pick a couple of things to do and make plans on how to accomplish them. I know that I probably won't accomplish everything on my list, especially if by some miracle we get to start building our home, but if, at the end of the year, I can say I did a few then I will be happy.
With that, here's my list (in no particular order):
- Exercise 4 days per week
- Finish Isaiah and write essays on insights
- Make blankets to give away to charity
- Obtain 72 hour kits
- Obtain basic food storage
- Read all the math literature I've been collecting over the last 2 years
- Read the Book of Mormon, underlining all references to the Savior
- Ride my bike 1000 miles
- Sew 4 quilts
- Sew 4 seasonal wallhangings
- Sew advent calendars
- Take a writing class
- Read Verse by Verse, The Four Gospels
There, I did it. It's up for all the world to see...Go Mindy!