Randomness  

Posted by mindyluwho in

It's midnight and one of my goals this year was to get to bed by 10:00 pm...

But I haven't been able to get around to all my favorite blogs lately, so that's why I'm up, only I've not been able to read them all so I guess I will have to catch up on the rest tomorrow.

Friday I took the kids rollerskating. I found some muscles that I forgot I had. I had a ball though and thoroughly enjoyed skating with my kids. The sweetest thing happened. My six year old has never really skated aside from trying out his siblings rollerblades a couple of times, so it was quite the experience for him. So much so that he decided that he needed some extra help so he found a little corner, three times, and knelt down to say a prayer...my heart melted seeing him kneeling there! He said that the first two prayers didn't work, but the third one did! I agreed as he was able to make it around the whole floor without holding my hand and only falling, oh say, four or five rather than 20 times!

It's been raining here for a week, on and off, but mostly on. I love it, but today I decided that it really makes me tired. I don't know how you people who live in Washington do it. I love the rain, but all I want to do is curl up in front of the fireplace and read a good book...only I have six kids and a husband who need to be fed, clothed and educated and carpooled around (educated and carpooling--meaning the kids, although there are some things that I would like my husband to be educated in...won't go there).

I've been washing my face lately at night. I've never been a face washer at night, and don't know why I'm even telling you that, except that my face feels really nice and I'm wondering why I didn't do it before. The other day I found myself in the skincare aisle at the market looking at all the anti aging creams...I guess I'm starting to worry about the tiny lines around the eyes, not to mention the big dark circles underneath. I bought myself some anti aging eye cream that makes the skin tingle around my eyes, and Ponds Cold Cream (only it's not called that anymore). I've always wondered what it was like and I've always liked the name, so I bought some and also some Ponds facial wash. Now I know what it's like, and I like it.

Today I was standing in the kitchen and I started to smell something and thought it was a nice smell, but couldn't fingure out what it was. I left the room for a bit and then came back in and the smell was a bit stronger, but still a good smell. Then it got a bit stronger and I looked over at the toaster oven and remembered the english muffins I had put in there several minutes ago...black. It drives my husband crazy, the penchant I have for burning toast. I think I have only NOT burned toast like 5 times in my whole life, and I eat toast several times per week! I put it in a just forget about it. Last year I joined Toastmasters so that I could improve my public speaking skills (then I found out you had to write speeches and after only writing one in six months I decided to quit and will only go back after I have four prepared speeches...I think it will be awhile). ANYWAY my husband's only comment when I told him that I had joined Toastmasters was that now maybe I would learn how to properly make toast. Nope, didn't happen.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I do have another Isaiah post I've been working on and I finally thought of an ending for it today, I have such a hard time with endings. Hopefully I can get it finished and up here in the next couple of days.

Going to bed now...do you think that staying up late and dark circles under the eyes have any connection?

This entry was posted on Jan 29, 2008 at Tuesday, January 29, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 said...

Very sweet about your 6 year old--love that he prayed 3 times.

(How nice it must be to only have tiny lines around the eyes ; )

Good luck with the Toastmasters.

January 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM

I want to go rollerskating with you guys! So sweet to see him praying, isn't it the best feeling:)

I love rainy days, most of the time.

Go check your toast;)

January 30, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Roller skating sounds fun! That is sweet that your 6 year old thought to pray when he needed help...and prayed until he received the help!
Talking about your muscles made me think of the sore arm muscles I had yesterday and couldn't figure out what I had done on a Sunday to produce sore arms. Then I remembered that my almost 9 year old insisted on sitting on my lap after church while we were waiting for my husband and she fell asleep. She is heavy and apparently my arm muscles noticed, too!

It is raining here today. I don't mind the rain once in awhile, but days and days of rain can get depressing. I'll send you a smile to brighten your day. :-)

January 30, 2008 at 6:55 AM

What a sweet little guy, to pray right there!

I love rainy days, as long as I don't have to go out in them

I need to be a better face washer as well. My face gets dry and breaks out at the same time, and I haven't found anything that really works well.

Funny about Toastmasters! I know, you should figure out how long your toast should be in the toaster, then every time you put it in set a timer.

Looking forward to your Isaiah post!

January 30, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Oh, I think that's so sweet about the prayers.
And I think it's great that you went, too. Too many moms miss out on stuff like that - sitting on the sidelines!

January 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

i have been noticing lately that the deep circles under my eyes are really aging me. i wonder how much of them are wrinkles and how much has to do with how little sleep i get? i suppose i'll never know, since i think it's highly unlikely that i'll ever be caught up on sleep.

January 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM

You are so funny. I loved reading this one the most because it's just rambling from. I had no idea you joined Toastmasters. I laughed at Mike whan he said the same thing. I remember having to go with Mom and Dad and how boring it was as a child. I'm sure it's more interesting as an adult though. I actually took a speech class my first semester of college and loved it, even though my voice shook every time I spoke. To me it was like writing an English paper, which I ALWAYS loved doing. Really. No joke. I'm a weirdo like that.

January 31, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Post a Comment