Goodbye  

Posted by mindyluwho



Well I don't know if you can see this picture. I can't because my computer is not showing me pictures today. All I can see is a little white box with a red X in the middle.

It's a picture of President Gordon B. Hinckley. I will miss him. I will miss his humor. I will miss hearing him speak in General Conference. I feel a little emptiness in the world. I know that a new prophet will be sustained and I am ever grateful for that fact, but I will miss President Hinckley. I never got to meet him personally, but I was able to be in the same room with him when he came to our town to dedicate the temple. I cannot properly describe it, but will never forget the feeling I had when he walked into the room and I knew that I was in the presence of a prophet of God. It was glorious. He lived to be 97 years old...wow.

I am glad that he is now with his beautiful wife, Marjorie. I know he was lonely for her and I can just imagine their glorious reunion, I cried more over that than I did that he died, because even though I know why we are here and where we are going and that we will be with our loved ones again, I know what it's like to miss someone who has gone. My mom died a few years ago, and even though I know I will see her again, I miss her. I'm glad for him that the wait is over.

Goodbye President Hinckley.

God be with you till we meet again.

This entry was posted on Jan 28, 2008 at Monday, January 28, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 said...

Yes, the picture is there!!!

A beautiful post--it will be a glorious reunion, won't it. He was a great man.

I, too, am grateful that we go forward as a Church being led by another Prophet. We are so blessed.

January 28, 2008 at 9:32 AM

We are blessed

The hymn "I thank thee O god for a Prophet" has been in my heart and head all day. I'm sure it has for many. What a sweet good man, I'm happy he is with his Marjorie.

January 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Shortly after he was called to be President, he sopke at a youth conference here. I was a teenager and have never forgotten the feeling that was in the room that day.

January 28, 2008 at 1:10 PM

It's getting blurry in here again. Thank you for such a sweet tribute to President Hinckley. I know what you mean about the feeling when he walked into the room. He definitely was a prophet.

January 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM

I will miss President Hinckley. He is such a great man and a great prophet. I too am glad he has been reunited with Marjorie. I'm sure that was a fun and happy reunion!

I enjoyed your daily dose post. I especially enjoyed the mention of chocolate since I'm thinking of eating brownies for breakfast. I'll eat healthy food later. :-)

January 29, 2008 at 5:53 AM

I thought I had done all of my crying yesterday, but I teared up again reading your beautiful post. I dearly loved him too, and I'm so happy he is with his sweetheart now! :)

January 29, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Beautiful post. Thank you. =)

January 29, 2008 at 10:19 AM

you voiced my thoughts so well, down to the temple dedication. i felt such a personal connection to president hinckley; i really feel like i have lost someone close to me. i will miss him terribly, even though i will fully sustain the new prophet.

January 30, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Post a Comment