Coming Up For Air  

Posted by mindyluwho in

Breathe in...Breathe out...In...Out...

Oh hello. I'm just coming up for air after being deep in the throes of decluttering my kitchen for the last four days.

OK, well that's not all I've been doing. I did go to church on Sunday, and did the usual chauffering of the troops. I even stopped to make a couple of dinners (sadly, an unusual phenomenon).

It's an interesting feeling walking into a newly decluttered kitchen. Even though the outside appearance hasn't changed much, I feel a difference (just knowing I can open my cupboards and nothing will fall out on me is exhilirating!). My kitchen is clean from the inside out and I can feel it, in fact I feel clean when I walk into my kitchen. I have five grocery bags full of items that I decided I really didn't need. Only five you say? It's amazing how many things can fit into a grocery bag! My criteria was such that if there wasn't a place for an item, it was gone. Some things were harder to part with than others, and some were down right agonizing.

Well, the pantry's next. Time to dive back in...

This entry was posted on Feb 12, 2008 at Tuesday, February 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 said...

Hooray! Congratulations on your kitchen! I know that feels sooo good!

I cleaned out my cabinets, but they need more decluttering. I just don't want to do two of them, where pans are kept because of that rascally mouse I blogged about last month.

I've just been sitting here a bit overwhelmed at the amount of STUFF I have to go through. You inspire me, Mindy!

I have an hour before I have to leave the house again...maybe I can go tackle some more!

February 12, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Good for you. That always feels good, doesn't it.

I have so many things in my kitchen and really all throughout the house I could do without.

February 12, 2008 at 11:58 AM

just look at the juxtaposition of cleaning out the clutter of your kitchen (material things) with your last post about wanting to acquire more material things . . . the more we buy, the more we have to declutter and dejunk a couple years (or months) later. i keep reminding myself of that when my urge to buy comes along.

February 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Decluttering feels so good! Good for you! Your "What makes you happy" post was inspiring...looks like it inspired you too. :-)

February 13, 2008 at 5:08 AM

I know what a GREAT feeling that is. I just haven't felt it in awhile, my kitchen really needs me right now...

February 13, 2008 at 5:20 AM

Yeah, Mindy!!!

February 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Yay for you and your awesome de-cluttering! Now I just need to follow your example! ;)

February 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Post a Comment